One Year Later....

A lot of you are probably wondering about the fact that i haven't uploaded a video and i'm being slightly more quiet on twitter, but thats because today is a hard day for me.

I had actually filmed a video about this but i just didn't want to upload it because i wasn't full comfortable talking about it on video and thought it would be easier to explain what it was about via blogpost.

A year ago today, saturday 18th may 2013, was the day I attempted suicide via overdose. My brother found me in my bed unconscious being sick but luckily i got to hospital to get my stomach pumped and stayed on a drip till it was out of my system.

Ever since then i have regretted it because it was not the right thing to do, it was selfish. Now looking back a year later I'm glad I'm still alive, i've had the most amazing year of my life and thanks to my supporting network around me i am the best i've ever been.

This time last year i was stressed, depressed, anxious, self harming and not eating properly, but now my depression, self harm and eating is under control. I have not cut myself in a year, my anxiety is considerably better, I'm still stressed but thats the usual for a student days before exams. my confidence is completely at an all time high.

Through making video is has made me more in control of myself and has grown my confidence thanks to all the supportive comments and compliments and it has are me feel great about myself, my bad days are coming by less and less often and i never have suicidal thoughts anymore!

I'm making it my mission to try and help others through the rough stages, i know how hard it is, i understand what you are going through.

BUT

Things do get better, trust me they do, look where i am now! and you can new here to with me. Speaking to someone ragout your problems or writing it down really makes a difference, don't hold in all those emotions, its fair to let them out every now and again!

I love you, stay safe, stay amazing!

Dan x

Comments

  1. Dan, you're an amazing person!
    I love your videos and I'm so glad you're still alive!
    I really appreciate it that you let us know why you didn't upload a video today.
    You have my respect.
    x
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your still alive I was going through a tough spot and you showed me that I'm not alone that it does get better. I'm still in a hard time but I'm sure it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just started watching your videos! You seem like a great guy and I'm so glad that you got through it! Things will definitely keep going up! :)
    Vena xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts